Pages

Saturday 9 September 2017

Kapa Haka Recount by Zara


Super, Duper Māori

On an action packed day (Wednesday,) Te Moana lined up like the flash. Since it was the start of the day, the time was nine o’clock. We headed out the door and like a balloon we popped up in the whare. Mrs Lindsay forgot that she would show us a video of the special Kapa Haka kids performing. It was Te Reo language week so each teacher set up a little maori game, quiz and more.

We had groups of people throughout the school my group was karaka tahi! First we walked into Te Moana and we repeated māori sentences and what maori words match up with pictures. That was one out of two because I had two favourites. My favourite bit was that In the group I got most of the maori pictures correct..

The next game we played was with our Principal Mrs Lindsay. She took the idea from another teacher. We played bingo with numbers in Māori. We had bottle caps and those were the things that we put on our sheet if we had  a number on it that mrs lindsay called out. My favourite part of the bingo was that everybody was having fun and caring for each other even thow I was a little bit competitive.

Another fun game that we played was with whaea Roni and Alisha ( Kapa Haka teachers ). First we did e- rere- taku-poi, you guessed it!, with a poi. Afterwards we practised how to do some cool moves with the poi, which was my second favourite game. I liked how we got to practise e- rere- taku-poi.

The last game I was able to do before the bell rang was labeling māori objects. We had to draw a picture and label the objects in the picture with the maori word for the object. I drew a moon, mountain and fish. That activity was short because the morning tea bell rang before I even got to label my drawing, but other than that that activity was fun. My favourite bit was that we got to draw amazing pictures.  

Then it came to an end and there was no more activities and games to play but in the end it was fun but I would stick to doing a normal programme in the morning and I’m lucky that it's only a week. It was a great experience and I learnt so much.  It was fun as. Kapai!

No comments:

Post a Comment