Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Japanese Farewell Feast for Evie and Mia

Japanese Farewell Feast  
On Thursday we had  a Japanese feast. Mia and Evie are leaving Paihia School to live in Japan as their parents are teaching English  in  a Japanese  school. Ikumi and Nikki  showed us how to make sushi.

We also had shelly senbei (rice crackers) they were delicious. Ikumi made some Rice flour dumplings with bananas. I never tried it but everyone said it was yummy. We had some crispy Fujya home pies. Ikumi gave us some crispy sweet potato chips to sample, they tasted like our kumera chips. We also finished the carrot sticks, cucumber and ham, left over from the sushi.



7 comments:

  1. I really like that it looks yummy but my name is Dallas from Ohaeawai school your banana's they look delicous I wanna eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Room 4. What a neat idea to have a shared Japanese lunch. I miss Evie and Mia. Did you like the sushi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved the sushi and now we know how to make it by ourselves. Nikki was so kind to us.

      Delete
  3. Hi everybody it's very hot here. We had to get a train to go everywhere because we don't have a car. On Saturday we got a train to cat cafe and yesterday we went to a old Japanese temple it had one hundred fish in the river all close together and I saw five turtles so we got some fish food and fed the fish and the turtles got some too. On Thursday we will be starting school. I miss you guys too from Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Keila from Tautoro School. what a wonderful video I thought that the sushi use made looked yummy. I wish I was with you's. Great job, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Amira I go to tautor school I like your story about Japanese farwell fest yummy sushi I love sushi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Josh

    I really love how you made a video about sushi and biscuits.I really love sushi and biscuits.And i love sushi and biscuits it my favourite lunch.But next time can you please add some more ideas.

    By Amelia

    ReplyDelete