Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Athletics -Lucas

Athletics Day
On Monday we went to go to Bledisloe Domain. I actually slept in because I had a busy weekend and ran my heart out around Watea and overdid practise.
I started doing the running race, “Ready, set, GO!!  I really could not catch my breath, I felt like I was melting like an ice cream on a stick. My sweat created a huge River. It felt like my brain was going to explode into millions of little pieces. I was running really fast,  they still couldn't catch me, two people nearly did. But unfortunately I tripped on some slippery pebbles and everyone passed me. “Good luck for next time, you must a champion in your heart!” said the teacher.  Apparently some people kids from other schools laughed at me thinking it was funny.

In the next race I had to pick up, I knew I couldn't give up I was so close so keep the money that my brother had dared that he would give me ten dollars. I did not want have to wear a looser shirt. I ran as fast as I could but they didn't give up no matter what. The morning my sweet, it was making a squid tornado behind me, I was still running even while my leg really hurts till 1:20, but I just want money so I  ran  as fast as I could. But I don't know why I stopped on the 400 metres race but then I realised that I could pass the finish line but I didn't win but if I didn't win it doesn’t matter because I tried. At least I didn't a trip.

Did everybody just have a good time, but next time I could win. It doesn’t really matter if you win or lose as long as you have done your best. I did not get my ten dollars, just ten miserable cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment