Pages

Thursday 30 June 2016

Jack's Speech Argument "Chromebooks for Year Three Students"

Hello my name is Jack and my speech is about
Should Year 3 students at Paihia School Have Their Own Chromebooks?
I think yes, year 3’s should have their own chromebooks to use in class time. I am a year 3 and I am old enough to use other technology at home & at school so I want to convince you why it  would be a good idea for all year 3’s.

Firstly I think that year 3’s should have chromebooks in class time because when you make a mistake a little red line appears so you know that you have spelt the word wrong. I have learnt that all you need to do is go to the top of the page and click on tools and the right word comes up in a box on the side of your page.  When you do this you learn how to spell the word properly.   When a green line comes up under your words it means you have to change your words around because they don’t make sense.  That’s a lot of good learning!!

Secondly chromebooks can be used for learning  information that you’ve never knew before.  Paihia schools library isn’t a good place to get serious information from, we need lots of interesting information to help us with our learning and our writing.  If we don’t have our own chromebooks we can’t get as much interesting information to finish our work.  If we could go to Google we could find out anything that we needed to finish our work so that our teachers would be very impressed with us.

Thirdly Chromebooks have lots of different programs like google slides, we can use this for our school assemblies. You could show good slides about work you are doing in your class.  What if your assembly is about Matariki, you could make your show on google slides and because your writing isn’t scruffy like it might be on a piece of paper everyone will understand it and be able to see it on the big screen.
To Conclude I think that chromebooks should be allowed for every year 3 students in every school in New Zealand.

I hope YOU enjoyed my speech and have a terrific week!!!!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment