Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Fishing at the Lagoon by Evie


Fishing at the Lagoon
                    5.5.16    Evie
I couldn’t wait to go on my boat. “Dad remember to bring the salty ice, a wet towel and a ruler!” “I know but first we need to pack.” “Ok. Dad.” I took my bag and put in my togs,  a towel and my goggles. I asked Mum, “Where we were going to go?” She said, “we were going to the lagoon.”
Mum, Dad, my sister and I hopped into the car. We drove to Russell where our boat was parked, I ran out of the car, I was so excited about the trip. My sister, Dad and I hopped into the dinghy while Mum waited with the bags. Dad dropped us at the boat. He drove back to pick up Mum and all the stuff. As soon as Mum and Dad came back we set off to the lagoon.
Finally we  arrived at the lagoon Dad gave me my fishing rod. It plopped into the water. Suddenly I realised that I forgot to put on the bait so I reeled  in the line and I put on some bacon! My sister had already put on the bait and put it in the water.                                 
I grabbed my rod and and plopped it into the water. I had to wait a couple of minutes until I got a bite. It started with a bite and then a tug, finally I reeled it In, “Mum!” I shouted, “Could you please pass the wet towel,” “O.K.”  said Mum. I had caught a snapper but it was to small to eat so carefully placed it back in the water, also I didn’t really like fish and would prefer to see them swimming in their own environment . “I think I caught a fish” shouted my sister, and she had, it was still to small. It was as slimy as a snake, the scales were as sharp as the teeth of a shark. My sister placed the fish in the water when she let it go, the fish happily swam away. We didn’t catch any fish but at least they have had a chance to grow larger.


Today was a great day, we had lots of fun. Now It Is time to go home. Dad grabbed the wheel and we drove back to the bay. Dad anchored the boat,  my sister and I grabbed our things. Dad got Into the dinghy, I handed him my bag, so did my sister we hopped Into the dinghy and so did Mum. Dad parked the dinghy, I ran out we loaded the car and drove back home. I hope we can go fishing at the lagoon again.




No comments:

Post a Comment