Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Fishing with My Family



  • Fishing with my Family
“Dad we have to get ready to go on  our sailing boat, we don't want to miss the morning, it’s great to fish. It’s when the fish are out we need to get a big fish for dinner, Pip are you ready.” “Ready!” shouted Pip, my older sister. “O.K. darlings, hop in the car, I've got the bait, ruler, life jackets, flares, salted ice, water gun and wet towel.”
So we drove to the wharf, hopped on our boat, sailed to the lagoon with our life jackets on and started fishing! We used  bacon as bait, it’s great to fish with.  
I told Pip that you just have to wait, so I put my fishing rod down and zzzz I caught a fish! My smile was the best smile in the world, I was so happy! Then I went inside for a bit and got dressed into my togs. Suddenly I heard Pip shouting, “Dad I caught a fish! ”  We checked if it was big enough and allowed  to be taken and eaten,  as well as the fish I caught!
Afterwards we had a break, had some lunch and bombed off the boat. Pip and I did a flip of the boat together. Next I did a dive and touched the bottom. I saw heaps of kina, crayfish, fish, scallops, seaweed, coral and  paua!
My dad dived for a kina and he got it carefully, so Pip tried but she missed and got a starfish. It was as slimy as a sludge  it had skinny arms it was as brown as mud we called it Sandy the Starfish!
We sailed back to Paihia passing dolphins, including a baby dolphin. Finally we motored to the wharf, we carried our luggage and food supplies into our car and drove back to the car ferry. Eventually we arrived back at Paihia with our two big fish for dinner.  After fishing I told Dad “I love fishing, we should do it again sometime soon!!!!”


   
Lilli-Rose                               

No comments:

Post a Comment