Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Fishing - by Lucas



                                             Fishing                        -Lucas
“Get the bait, we’re going fishing!” “Have you got your fishing rod, life jacket, spare hooks, knife, Mega Blaster water gun, wet towel and salted ice water?” Dad asked me. I’d better wear my Scooby Doo sun hat as it is pretty hot in the middle of the day.
I started to fish but my bait was getting circled by birds. So I squirted the cheeky birds but they seemed to enjoy being wet and flying back over me and shaking the water back onto me. So I had to squirt them again with a greater blast so I could catch a fish without the pesky birds trying to steal my bait.
Something pulled my line into the water. Just as well I still had my rod so I baited it and threw it out into the water. I felt a big tug, “Dad, help me reel this enormous fish in!” We struggled to wind the fish in, it was a huge snapper, almost as long as my leg. “Thank goodness we don’t have to measure this, aye, Dad!” “We  can’t keep this fish, we should throw it back in as it might have eggs inside, but as it was foul hooked through the eye it would not live.”
The fish is as heavy as a brick and I think would survive. When we were putting  the fish back into the sea, it turned to me and squirted me in the face and I’m sure the fish had a little smile on it’s face then he swam away. It was getting late so Dad and I  packed up everything and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment