Pages

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Harlem's Lucky Find when cleaning the beach



Beach Clean up Day.

On Friday Room 0 and 4 did Beach clean up we walked past the leafy lifey leaves and past the big enormous bus.  When we got to the beach the sand was as hot as a furnace.  The water shone like glitter.
The cruise boat was big as a elephant. The green grazed grass was as spiky as a mohawk. Wet stinky, smelly,
slithery sand was under our feet. The noisy blazing helicopter! was ruining our ears.

Jahrell brought his cool toys so when we got to the beach we could play. We had to line up to go back to school when we got back we had lunch. Jahrell, Dale and I went to go play, we mixed the toys up and put different body parts on them. When bell ran we rushed back to class, we did some writing and some reading and maths. It was exciting to do the beach clean up and I hope we do that again and I hope we get more stuff next time and
do another competition with each other. I hope
everybody else and I will find some more cool stuff
like I did  on the grass. I found  a shiny necklace that I picked up from the ground, I didn’t know whose it was so I gave it to Miss Simmonds and she said to me, “ After school I’ll take this to the police station” and I said, “O.K.!” And then we had assembly it was Te Ngahere’s turn, then when the bell ran we packed up and did our lucky dip before we went home.
Finally we packed our bags and went home to have a rest
and a restful weekend at home with our parents. Hopefully we’ll do awesome stuff with our parents and have a great day with everybody else’s family and friends.

P1020563.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Harlem, I like the way you have included Language Features such as similes and alliteration in your recount. You must have had a fabulous day and get annoyed with people who litter the beach.

    ReplyDelete