Pages

Sunday 9 April 2017

Nevaeh's Triathlon



P1020683.JPG

                            The School Triathlon

On Friday we had a school Triathlon, it was really fun, I felt really  nervous. Once we got to the beach the water was a calm current. The trees danced on the minty grass. The sand was as yellow as the sun.

Some kids participated in the junior triathlon but most kids used their kaha
and went for the senior one. First the year 7’s & 8’s swam a distance long then it was year 6’s. Ready set GO! The year 5’s were so ready the had already been waiting at the starting line, on your marks get set GO! Oh no it’s te moana’s turn. ‘‘I  had butterflies in my stomach’’. On your marks get set  GO!  I heard lots of people especially my Mum could hear yelling go Nevaeh...


When we ran out of the water we walked across the crossing and sprinted along the path Jade and I were SO tired that we started walking after a while we got the hang of it so we jogged then ran then sprinted. When Jade and I arrived to the court we quickly put on our shoes and walked a bike around the corner. Fire Becks gave us instructions. I biked really quickly. We had to bike over the pump track, when I got back to the start I biked back over to the court so somebody else could use the bike that i was on. Mrs Neuman told us to grab our towels then sit down in front of the whare so we could watch the others bike around Moana participated in the juniors so that’s why we walked down to the school swimming pool. Te Moana kids finished then the ran then biked. It was an awesome day.  After a while Te Moana had lunch round the back of Room 1.
Next year, I so wish we could do it again.

P1020704.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment