Pages

Sunday 2 April 2017

Aurora-Jane's Triathlon at Paihia School



Paihia School Triathlon

I felt so excited that I just about bowled my sister over when I ran out of my bedroom. last week on Friday, Paihia school had their own triathlon. It was just like the weetbix triathlon.  
Our first event was swimming. We walked down to the beach by the stone church. We went from year eight ,year, seven ,year five, year four. When we ran into the water we all went splash, splash, splash, splash ! . The sand was sizzling scorching sand. The water was as cold as a bucket of ice. . In my head I was saying come on AJ pick up your hoe of kaha.  
Our second event was the running. The girls in Te moana were the last ones to  run in the senior running race..  We ran up the path  from the beach by the stone church and back to school as fast as we could.
We put our sport shoes  and our helmets on as fast as we could then hopped on a bike that was just the right size for us. I went round the field and the pump track twice  before I  went through the middle of the goal posts and got a bar from Mrs Hadwin.
We watched the junior classes  do their races. Four people from our class did the junior triathlon too. I felt so tired but happy that I participated. It was awesome fun. It was the best thing that the school has done since I have been at school. It was the best day of my life at school.
P1020679.JPGP1020718.JPGP1020694.JPGP1020676.JPG
P1020680.JPGP1020678.JPG

1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you for doing the triathlon and doing your best AJ! I wish we could have been there to see you!

    ReplyDelete